- Bookings may be made provisionally, by telephone, in person or in writing in hard copy or by electronic mail. Once the details of a provisional booking has been received by the hirer, The Foundation will hold the provisional for 14 days, by which time written confirmation of the booking must be received from the hirer.
- All applications for use of halls and rooms must be confirmed in writing via email or letter with the invoicing address and charity number (if applicable) clearly stated. Written confirmation of bookings must be made at least 14 days in advance of the required date. The purpose for which the accommodation is required, technical and catering requirements, and times of booking must be stated. Use of halls or rooms will not be permitted for any other reason or for any other times than that stated at the time of booking. All bookings will be made at the discretion of the Foundation.
- Catering must be confirmed two weeks before the event occurs, otherwise fees may be incurred.* Ref: First Cancellation Point
- Where a provisional booking is held, and another client wishes to place a confirmed booking, the Hirer of the provisional booking will be required to confirm in writing within 24 hours, otherwise the booking will become forfeit (‘in writing’ means via email or letter).
- No letting is confirmed until a Confirmation of Booking letter is issued by St Bride Foundation. It is the responsibility of the hirer to check that our confirmation letter matches your booking requirements.
- The charge for any hiring will normally be in accordance with the scale fixed by the Governors which shall be available to the Hirer on application. Where the Foundation wishes to charge otherwise than in accordance with the scale, the appropriate rate or rates will be agreed in advance.
- The Foundation reserves the right to request a deposit as surety against damages which will be payable at the time of booking.The period of use will be shown in the Confirmation of Booking letter. Halls and rooms must be vacated promptly at the end of this period and left tidy with any rubbish disposed of. The Foundation will provide rubbish sacks. It will be the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the hall remains clean and tidy for the duration of the booking.
- Should we not be satisfied with the condition the halls and/or rooms are left in, an extra charge will be made at our discretion.
- Hall and room hire charges are reviewed annually on 1st of April. The charge quoted for a function to be held on or subsequent to 1st of April may, therefore, be subject to alteration.100% room hire charge is due 14 days prior to the event, or at time of booking should this fall within 14 days of the booking date.
- Final payments for all residual hire charges must be made within 14 days after the event.
- The halls and rooms come furnished to accommodate the maximum number of delegates and therefore any surplus furniture is stored in the room. If you wish to have this removed the Hirer will need to agree this with the Event Organiser prior to the booking and a charge may be incurred.
Please note all charges quoted are payable in sterling and are exclusive of Value Added Tax, which is payable the Hirer.
The Hirer is responsible to pay all bank charges incurred when making an overseas transaction.
Where invoices remain unpaid for a period exceeding 30 days from date of invoice, this will be termed ‘overdue’.
The Foundation reserves the right to charge the Hirer interest on any overdue amounts in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest)Act 1998. Interest is calculated at 3% above Royal Bank of Scotland’s base rate at the time debt is due.
The Foundation reserve the right to refuse future bookings until invoice(s) are settled and may request full payment in advance on all subsequent bookings
Conditions of Hire
- The Hirer is responsible for the orderly and safe conduct of the function and for ensuring their employees, contractors; agents, guests and other participants do not interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Foundation’s premises.
- In no circumstances must the number of people attending any meeting or function exceed the maximum accommodation of the room or hall hired as stipulated by the Foundation. In the event of a fire alarm, the Hirer shall be responsible for the immediate and safe evacuation of all persons connected with the function.
- The Hirer must not enter any area of the premises except the Accommodation or other areas expressly designated for the Hirer’s use, without the express prior permission of the Foundation’s authorised representative.
- The Hirer must make its own provision for first aid for the event. The Foundation accepts no responsibility in this respect.
- The Hirer is to comply with any applicable Health & Safety requirements, including (without limitation) the Foundations Health & Safety Policy statement and code of practice.The Hirer is required to inform all persons of the location of fire exits and the assembly point before the commencement of the function. Details of the Foundation’s fire procedures will be provided on confirmation of booking.
The Hirer is to observe any relevant and applicable Acts of parliament, by-laws or regulations and to ensure that the accommodation is not used for any illegal purpose.
The Hirer undertakes and agrees not to do or suffer to be done any act or thing which may, (or omit to do any act or thing which may by its omission), affect or damage the reputation, image or standing of The Foundation.
Conditions of Hire (Continued)
- The Hirer shall be responsible for complying with the interpolated of the Performing Rights Society at email@example.com and of Phonographic Performances Ltd, and be responsible for the payment of any taxes or royalties chargeable or payable in respect of any musical works performed at the hiring whether by live musicians or by records, compact discs and/or tape recordings.
- Authorised representatives of the Foundation shall be entitled to enter at any time the hired room or hall and require the function or meeting to end if, in their opinion, the continuance of the function or meeting could lead to violence or damage to the Foundations premises or reputation or staff or in any way contravenes either this agreement, or Health and Safety Regulations.
- The Foundation will not take any delivery on behalf of the Hirer unless by prior arrangement with the Meeting/Conference coordinator, to whom details must be submitted in writing. The Foundation does not accept liability for the loss or damage to deliveries even where prior consent has been obtained. The hirer is responsible for moving their own equipment within the Foundation. Any equipment that requires storage prior to or after the event will incur an additional charge for storage.
- The Foundation is open to the public between 09:00 and 22:00 hrs Monday to Friday. If you wish to use the Foundation outside of these hours this must be stated on your booking application and extra charges will be incurred.
- When a booking covers consecutive days, it will be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure their own belongings and equipment are not left overnight in the specified hall or room unless by prior arrangement. If the Foundation agrees to store property, items will only be retained for 48 hours. After then, the Foundation accepts no responsibility and the items will be disposed of.
- The Foundation does not accept liability for personal injury to, or the loss or damage to clothing, equipment or other property belonging to persons using the premises.
- Television or radio recordings, broadcasts or interviews may only take place in the building or its grounds with the express permission of the Foundation.
- The premises are licensed for the sale of alcohol. When making a booking the Hirer must clearly inform the booking staff of any requirements for a bar. A retainer may be charged.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Foundation’s premises at any time.
- Candles or naked flames are not permitted in the Foundation at any time.
- Within the confines of the building, the Foundation will take all reasonable steps to accommodate disabled users. The Hirer should advise the Foundation in advance if aware that disabled users are attending the meeting or function.
- In addition to hiring out meeting rooms the Foundation is home to a number of other activities. The Foundation is a Grade II listed building and therefore the rooms are not sound proof. Therefore we request minimal use of mobile telephones anywhere in the corridors, toilets, foyer, library, and any of the common parts of the premises, in order to not interfere with the use and enjoyment to other users.
Due to health and safety regulations the Foundation refuses to admit any animals, with the exception of guide dogs.The Foundation will only allow the Hirer to use their own electrical equipment where it has been PAT tested (Portable Appliance Testing) by the user and where permission has been obtained in advance. It will be the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain adequate insurance to cover the use of any electrical appliances brought in to the building which must be shown to the Foundation upon request.
The Foundation terms the use of ‘Dry Hire’ agreement when the hirer provides their own catering or the hirer uses their own caterers for all food and/or beverage consumption. Your hire charge will cover the use of the kitchen and designated areas for catering, contracted when booking. Please note, all crockery, cutlery, glassware, linen and any other catering equipment are not provided by the Foundation unless otherwise contracted.
The Hirer shall repay to the Foundation on demand the cost of reinstating and replacing any part of the premises and any furniture, equipment, pianos or other property belonging to the Foundation, Print Workshop and Library which shall be damaged, destroyed, stolen or removed during the period of hire or prior or subsequent thereto if in relation to or by reason of the hiring or occupation. The amount of the cost shall be certified by the Foundation whose certificate shall be final.
The Hirer agrees to accept full responsibility for and to indemnify the Foundation, its officers and servants against all or any claims in respect of all or any accidents, loss or damage (including personal injuries) howsoever caused in connection with any business or meeting conducted or carried out by the Hirer on his, her or its behalf. However, nothing in this clause shall exclude the Foundation’s liability for its own negligence.
The Hirer shall produce to the Foundation, upon request, written evidence of a current public liability insurance with a limit indemnity of not less than £2,000,000.
Once a booking has been confirmed, details will be held on a customer database and will not be released to any third party. If a client does not wish for details to be retained on file, the Venue Manager should be contacted.
Hirers are advised that St Bride Foundation is fitted with CCTV and patrons may be filmed in common parts of the venue, including some external areas upon entry to or exit from the venue.
CCTV is monitored and recorded for the Hirers safety and security of others. All images captured in this way are subject to strict data protection regulations.
- Cancellation of confirmed bookings must be made in writing. Any deposit paid by the Hirer will not be refunded. For cancellations received between 14-30 days before the event a charge of 50% of the hire fee and any catering ordered shall be imposed. If cancellation is received less than 14 days before the event, 100% of the hire fee will be charged as well as any catering and staffing costs.
- The Foundation reserves the right to cancel forthwith the holding of any function, or relocate the function to another part of the Foundation, for any reason at any time. In the event of such cancellation or relocation, the Foundation shall not be held liable to the Hirer for any damages or loss sustained as a result or arising out of the cancellation or relocation of the function, but in the event of cancellation other than for reasons beyond the Foundation’s reasonable control, the Foundation shall repay to the Hirer all sums paid by the Hirer on account of the hire charge.